[Bioperl-l] A new name for Bio::Moose?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sat Jul 25 21:28:41 UTC 2009

All,

Pushed by a recent suggestion by Robert, I am considering changing the
name of the Bio::Moose project to something simpler.  I would like to
steer away from naming this directly after the implementation and have
something simpler namespace-wise.

I have thought of 'Alces' (the genus name for moose), which indicates
both the Bio aspect and the implementation in an more indirect way
(and is a bit shorter).  However, I would like to solicit suggestions
for alternatives.  The shorter the better, and the 'winner' will
receive a free beverage or so (on me) should we meet!