[Bioperl-l] ubuntu installation

Charles Plessy charles-listes+bioperl at plessy.org
Thu Jul 23 00:46:29 UTC 2009

Le Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 08:03:11PM -0400, Hilmar Lapp a écrit :
> Apparently when you say "apt-get install bioperl" on Ubuntu you get the
> 1.5.2 release. I don't know anything about BioPerl packaging on Ubuntu
> but thought I'd check whether someone who knows (or who maintains that
> package?) is here and can offer some advice or comment?
>
> See http://phylr-gsoc.blogspot.com/2009/07/setting-up-biosql-101-on-postgresql-83.html
> Dazhi is one of our Google Summer of Code students.

Dear Hilmar,

BioPerl is only in version 1.6 in the development version of Ubuntu. You can
refer to the following page:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bioperl

This said, I think that the current stable release contains everything needed
for the installation of the latest package.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,