[Bioperl-l] Regarding Bio::Root::Build, was Re: bioperl reorganization

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 19 21:26:59 UTC 2009

I don't want to distract away from the reorganization discussion, and
email lends itself only so much to the discussion (interspering
comments doesn't lend itself to easy reading), so I've posted my
response to my blog:

http://cjfields.wordpress.com/

I'm hoping that answers most of your questions and clarifies matters.

chris

PS : I don't think we're really that far apart on our thinking here,
both on Module::Build/Bio::Root::Build and on restructuring.  We just
need to actually get the work done and stop writing about it ;>

On Jul 19, 2009, at 10:28 AM, bix at sendu.me.uk wrote:

>> On Jul 17, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:
>>> Chris Fields wrote:
>>> But while BioPerl is still monolithic, how will people be able to
>>> choose which external dependencies they want to install? That's the
>>> question that must be resolved before getting rid of
>>> Bio::Root::Build. You'd also need to resolve the network tests
>>> issue. And, well, I guess all the other issues that Bio::Root:Build