[Bioperl-l] RepeatMasker still did not act upon Bug 2138: Any workarounds?

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Jul 6 23:43:23 UTC 2009

John M.C. Ma wrote:
> We have told the guys at RepeatMasker that RM-3.1.6 have a problem
> causing Bio::Tools::RepeatMasker to crash in November 2006 (Bug 2138).
> And as of today, they are now at 3.2.8, and the problem is not fixed.
> And I don't want my project to be stalled-- any tips for a workaround?

Here's my mail to some RepeatMasker devs that they never replied to:

-----
Hi,

Perhaps you already know about this, but in RepeatMasker 3.1.6 -noint
cannot be used because of error 'Unknown option: noint-species'.
This is caused by line 1131 having no space after the "-noint".
Likewise, -lcambig on 1128 would probably suffer a similar problem.

Will this be fixed in the next version, and how often do you release new
versions?
-----

If it really is the same bug, it should be easy to fix the latest
version in the same way yourself.