[Bioperl-l] Bioperl Installation

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 19:48:21 UTC 2009

After you get make installed, you may need to reconfigure cpan so it
knows where to find it.  Do this:

   sudo cpan

(Assuming you want the libraries installed in the system paths)

   cpan> o conf init

You can probably answer yes to the "do you want me to automatically
configure" question, and it should sense that make is now present.  If
not, do it again and answer "no" and accept all of the defaults until
it gets to the part about where make is.

Scott