[Bioperl-l] Next-gen modules

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 1 12:35:14 UTC 2009

Peter,

I just committed a fix to FASTQ parsing last night to support read/
write for Sanger/Solexa/Illumina following the biopython convention;
the only thing needed is more extensive testing for the quality
scores.  There are a few other oddities with it I intend to address
soon, but it appears to be working.

The Seq instance iterator actually calls a raw data iterator (hash
refs of named arguments to the class constructor).  That should act as
a decent filtering step if needed.

We have automated EMBOSS wrapping but I'm not sure how intuitive it
is; we can probably reconfigure some of that.

chris