[Bioperl-l] Eagle Genomics is hiring

Richard Holland holland at eaglegenomics.com
Thu Jan 29 16:10:42 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Apologies if this is inappropriate for the list, but I thought it would
be a good way to reach the kind of people we're looking for.

Richard

=====

Senior Bioinformatics Software Developer
Eagle Genomics Ltd., Cambridge, UK
http://www.eaglegenomics.com/

We are a young and exciting bioinformatics company looking to
revolutionise the way in which industry and academia work together. We
are based at the heart of Europe's largest biotech cluster in Cambridge,
UK. As we expand our client base, we're looking to build a talented and
committed team of experts. We are currently looking for a software
developer to work on a wide range of complex projects, and who is happy
to work face-to-face with our customers. Ideally you will have had
substantial prior experience working in a life science company or
research institute, however we will also consider graduates with a track
record in bioinformatics.

In addition to your superb technical skills, you will also:
* have the ability to quickly translate scientific problems into real
software solutions,
* be able to put technical concepts into simple language for end users
to understand,
* be able to pick up new skills and techniques in record time,
* work well in a collaborative team environment,
* be creative, innovative, and forward-thinking.

You will have hands-on experience in some of the following:
* Java,
* Perl,
* SQL query design,
* Relational database schema design,
* Open-source bioinformatics toolkits such as BioJava, BioPerl, BioSQL,
etc.,
* Ensembl,
* BioMart,
* DAS,
* Taverna,
* Oracle Life Sciences Platform,
* Oracle database administration,
* MySQL database administration,
* VMware virtual machines,
* Grid computing and parallelisation.

The preferred candidate will be able to work from our offices in
Cambridge, but we would also consider telecommuting arrangements.

We offer a competitive salary and a range of company benefits.

To apply, please send your CV and cover letter as PDF documents to
jobs at eaglegenomics.com. If you have any questions about the position or
would like to discuss it further before applying, please use the same
email address. We are only able to offer positions to EEA citizens and
permanent residents, or Tier 1 migrants under the new UK points-based
immigration scheme.

Individual contracting arrangements could be considered but we will
prefer those candidates who can work with us as employees. No agencies
please.

--
Richard Holland, BSc MBCS
Finance Director, Eagle Genomics Ltd