[Bioperl-l] program bp_pairwise_kaks

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Jan 22 18:55:24 UTC 2009

Markus -

i'm confused about what you want to get out at the end.

Do you want is a good alignment at the codon level for coding
sequences but you want to align in protein space?

To do  this:
  There are several bits of code in the pairwise_kaks script that you
can use as a starting palce but you don't need to codeml if you don't
want to calculate ka and ks values.
Basically you translate to protein, align in protein space, and remap
back to codons.  There are several functions in bioperl that help do
all of this - the pairwise_kaks script is a good example of how to
write such a script but you may need to modify it for your own needs.

Please keep your emails to the mailing list as well it helps others
chime in if they have answers and also allows people to look back and
see solutions if they have similar problems.

Cheers,
-jason