[Bioperl-l] The Power of R (Chris Fields)

Gabriel Valiente valiente at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Jan 7 18:04:32 UTC 2009

>> While we're on the topic, can anyone recommend a good book or
>> resource from which to learn R, to supplement the official docs?

If you can wait just a couple of months, my new book

G. Valiente. Combinatorial Pattern Matching Algorithms in
Computational Biology using Perl and R. Taylor & Francis/CRC Press
(2009)

http://www.crcpress.co.uk/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?
isbn=9781420069730

is already in press and will be available from Francis & Taylor in
April. being the author, I'm certainly not the right person to
recommend it, but in my humble opinion, it will also be of much use
to BioPerl developers and users.

Gabriel