[Bioperl-l] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Second alpha 1.6 releases of BioPerl-run, BioPerl-db, BioPerl-network

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 11 05:28:43 UTC 2009

All,

I would like to announce that the second alpha releases for BioPerl-
run, BioPerl-db, and BioPerl-network are now available.  These are
designated as 1.005009_002, with a requirement for BioPerl 1.6 and
higher (1.006000).

TODO:

1) All subdistributions need updates to the Changes, BUGS, AUTHORS,
etc files.  Please make updates as needed to the main trunk (I'll
merge them over to the relevant branch).

FIXED:

1) BioPerl-run TCoffee tests are now passing with latest TCoffee
version (Charles Plessy and myself)
2) Bio::ConfigData (config module installed via Module::Build) is
should now be skipped over until we can decide what to do with it
(Alex Lancaster).  This will also be incorporated into trunk.
3) Several module doc fixes made (Dave Messina and Charles Plessy for
reporting)
4) Doc updates (BIO!)
5) bioperl-db now handles undefined variables correctly (Johann Pellet
and Hilmar Lapp)
6) GeneMark tests now work for older gene models (Mark Johnson)
7) Build.PL should now die with a warning if the proper BioPerl core
version isn't installed

The archives can be downloaded from here:

BioPerl-run:

http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-run-1.5.9_2.tar.bz2
http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-run-1.5.9_2.tar.gz
http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-run-1.5.9_2.zip

BioPerl-db:

http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-db-1.5.9_2.tar.bz2
http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-db-1.5.9_2.tar.gz
http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-db-1.5.9_2.zip

BioPerl-network:

http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-network-1.5.9_2.tar.bz2
http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-network-1.5.9_2.tar.gz
http://bioperl.org/DIST/BioPerl-network-1.5.9_2.zip

SIGNATURES:

http://bioperl.org/DIST/SIGNATURES.md5

I will likely release the final 1.6 releases for these distributions
in the next week unless serious issues pop up.  The next point release
(1.6.1, all distributions) should land sometime in mid-April.

Cheers!