[Bioperl-l] Wanting to inject date into a SeqIO object

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Feb 9 17:45:23 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

$seq->add_date() is the right call, but not all output formats support
dates. I don't remember exactly about the gcg format, but I do know
that UniProt can have multiple dates, if that's what you want.

To clarify, did you actually try your second version below and found
it not to work in the sense that the date did not show up in the
output file?

	-hilmar