[Bioperl-l] trunk version vs. branch version

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Sun Feb 1 13:47:59 UTC 2009

I would think we'd want to set trunk to 1.006001 -- right past 1.6 --
because
- it needs to be >1.6
- it works for the other distros which need to be set to require something
after 1.6.0

BUT
- it won't be >1.6.1 (i.e. 1.006100, I think), which is likely to be the
next release

I'm presuming that it might be problematic to have trunk at or close to 1.7
and then bump all the requirements backwards to make them work with the
1.6.x releases.

But perhaps there are compelling reasons to make the trunk version peri-1.7?
If so, I'd still argue for something like 1.006900 so we have room for
1.7-alpha releases that are <1.00700, similar to what you did for the
1.6-alphas.

Dave