[Bioperl-l] fasta format

Kevin Brown Kevin.M.Brown at asu.edu
Wed Dec 9 15:26:22 UTC 2009

Even easier to accomplish in one step. Read in the fasta file and output
it right to another fasta file with SeqIO

my $in = Bio::SeqIO->new(-format=>'fasta',-file=>$file);
my $out = Bio::SeqIO->new(-format=>'fasta',-file=>'>file.fasta');
while (my $seq = $in->next){$out->write_seq($seq);}

Kevin Brown
Center for Innovations in Medicine
Biodesign Institute
Arizona State University