[Bioperl-l] $wgEnableMWSuggest on the wiki please?

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Tue Aug 25 17:17:44 UTC 2009

Can you send sysadmin request mail to the helpdesk - support at open-bio.org
  so mauricio or someone can have it in the queue.

[aside]
I've had to stop doing OBF sysadmin work so we are definitely looking
for someone to help with the ALL VOLUNTEER team of now just Mauricio
and Chris Dagdigian who do mediawiki and sysadmin support.

We've reached a bit of crunch where there are lots of things to tweak
and customize for the various flavors of MW installs that the projects
want but we don't have enough dedicated admins to really support
this.  Most of us have gotten into these projects to support our own
bioinformatics programming not sysadmin tasks so there is a bit of gap
here. Some of us (me) were not trained as sysadmin but jumped in and
figured out how to help and do it - and learned valuable life
skills... =)

We're discussing plans to upgrade the machines in the future which
would improve performance and reliability we hope and also use this
opportunity to streamline the MW installs to be a more easily
maintained wikifarm.

[/aside]

-jason