[Bioperl-l] extracting ORGANISM line from genbank file

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 11:52:11 UTC 2009

Hi Anna:

On Aug 25, 2009, at 3:09 AM, Anna Kostikova wrote:

> Actually, my final aim is to get 2 files: first one is a fasta file
> with all the sequences, and the seconds one is simply a list of
> species names

Then I'd change your script to write two files: one with the sequences
in FASTA format (you can use Bio::SeqIO for that), and the second one
in the format you need it (one species name per line?).

(Right now you are writing one file in Genbank format, which is quite
unlike the above, right?)

	-hilmar