[Bioperl-l] extracting ORGANISM line from genbank file

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Aug 24 14:47:34 UTC 2009

Hi Anna,

sequence formats all have some varying amount of information that must
be present or otherwise the syntax is invalid. If what you need is a
two-column table of display_id and species name, then I would simply
write that, and not squeeze it into a standard sequence format.
(Unless you actually do want the sequence too, in which case you need
to add it as a wanted slot; even in that case though, writing a three-
column table might serve you better.)

	-hilmar