[Bioperl-l] GFF and LocatableSeq refactoring

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 16 19:42:56 UTC 2009

On Aug 16, 2009, at 12:16 PM, Robert Buels wrote:

> Mark A. Jensen wrote:
>> I see both points- I think Chris's suggestion is good. The nexml
>> support
>> won't work without Bio::Phylo, but not everyone will need that
>> support,
>> so if the install can be chatty about this that would be great-
>
> Maybe the parts that have differing dependencies should be in
> different distros then?
>
> Rob

I'm guessing large chunks of that code would have Bio::Root::Root as a
base, so I think maintaining related code split into two distributions
too problematic.  Simple to indicate that Bio::Phylo is required only
for NeXML (so listing it as a 'recommends') and keep everything NeXML-
related and requiring Bio::Root::Root in one spot.  It's possible
something inheriting from Bio::Phylo could go there, but that's up to
Rutger.