[Bioperl-l] Problems with Bioperl-ext package on WinVista?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 11 23:48:08 UTC 2009

Any C-based code should use the same compiler used from whatever perl
version you are running.  ActiveState supports both VC/C++ (as Mark
indicates) or mingw/gcc.  I think Strawberry supports mainly the latter.

Though you can use CygWin, I think a native Win module is the best way
to go if possible.  It will likely be a tricky road, so keep us
updated and we'll attempt to help out the best we can.

chris