[Bioperl-l] Is it possible to retrieve full pubmed articles

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:18:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM, Miguel Pignatelli
<miguel.pignatelli at uv.es> wrote:
> I have a list of PUBMED IDs and I am trying to retrieve automatically the
> *full article* in any format (not just the abstract). Is there any method in
> bioperl that allows this? any other solution?
> Currently I am trying to solve this using WWW::Mechanize, but do you know of
> any other method to do this?

You can try pubget.com- it's a web gateway to download pubmedcentral
articles. Unfortunately this means it does not have pubmed articles.
What I have found with pubmed is that it's mainly a listing of
abstracts, and then the various papers may or may not be online in
their respective journals on the web somewhere else, and rarely are
there any links to the publisher website. So how are you using
WWW::Mechanize in this context? Is there some secret to attaining
papers that are listed via pubmed? There's no magical links to the
publisher websites .. so what's going on?

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507