[Bioperl-l] Can't locate object method "get_dbxrefs"

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu Sep 25 17:12:22 UTC 2008

john paul wrote:
> - cpan>install S/SE/SENDU/bioperl-1.5.2_102.tar.gz
> - svn co svn://code.open-bio.org/bioperl/bioperl-db/trunk bioperl-db
[...]
> Can't locate object method "get_dbxrefs" via package "Bio::Ontology::Term"
[...]
> What am I doing wrong? Could you help?

You're using the svb versuib bioperl-db but the release version of core
(aka live). Don't mix and match; use the same version of both. So either
install bioperl-live from svn as well, or get rid of you svn bioperl-db
and install bioperl-db 1.5.2:
http://bioperl.org/DIST/bioperl-db-1.5.2_100.tar.gz

I'd recommend using svn for both.