[Bioperl-l] Thoughts on some test reorganization

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 17 02:34:00 UTC 2008

Nathan,

I would support adding support for Test::Class, but it isn't part of
perl 5.6.1 or 5.8.x core.  So, would we need to add it as another
dependency for testing (which, unless there is a workaround, appears
to be 'yes')?

Speaking of older perl releases, I would like to get an idea of how
many users are still using (over 8-yr old) perl 5.6.1.  I would really
like to require 5.8 or above for bioperl 1.6.   perl 5.6.x stopped
development many moons ago now, and 5.8.x is about to be 'end-of-lifed':

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=723008

chris