[Bioperl-l] HMMER - Parse hmmpfam output using bioperl - help!!

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Thu May 8 13:43:28 UTC 2008

K. Shameer wrote:
> Hi Sendu,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. This is really useful.
>
> Separately, One quick question, I dont have hmmer_pull.pm. I am using an
> older version of Bioperl. Is there any provision to  to download and
> install individual bioperl modules separately ?

Generally you can grab individual modules from svn, eg:
http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/bioperl/view/bioperl-live/trunk/Bio/SearchIO/hmmer_pull.pm
(click the 'checkout' link).

However in this particular case it's really complicated, with that
module needing lots of other new modules to work.

Use the normal hmmer.pm module; if you don't have any problems with it
stick with it. Otherwise I'd recommend upgrading your entire Bioperl to
1.5.2 or svn.