[Bioperl-l] Bio::Ontology::OntologyI

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Mar 10 02:13:15 UTC 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Naama Menda wrote:

> My main problem is that go-perl does not handle updates, so if I
> want to update GO I need an empty schema. We find it more
> complicated to re-load our annotations than to update cvterms and
> their related data.
> Our loading script compares an existing load of an ontology to the
> obo file and updates/insets/deletes accordingly.

load_ontology.pl in bioperl-db should have all this functionality,
though of course that doesn't give you the typedef support (yet).

> We are now in the process of committing this code to GMOD

Cool - obviously load_ontology.pl doesn't work off of Chado but
instead uses BioSQL as the schema (though the ontology model is
*very* similar between the two).

BTW please keep the Bioperl list in the loop, others may have insight
too or be interested in the information.

	-hilmar