[Bioperl-l] Bio::Ontology::OntologyI

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Sun Mar 9 21:37:01 UTC 2008

Naama -

it is the OntologyIO::obo parser that omits the typedefs. Parsing
rather than skipping those could be added to the code; I also once
started and almost completed a project to integrated the go-perl .obo
parser into the Bio::OntologyIO framework, but the final touches fell
victim to moving jobs and the ensuing upheaval.

If all you need to do is parsing a .obo-formatted ontology and
traversing it in some way, go-perl might have all you need. If you
need more than that, could you elaborate?

	-hilmar