[Bioperl-l] Nightly build archives now available

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Mar 7 15:43:44 UTC 2008

Chris Fields wrote:

> On Mar 7, 2008, at 8:54 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:
>
>> Again, you only need to run 'perl Build.PL' once and answer the
>> questions only once. Then you can svn update and run the actions with
>> no more questions to answer. This isn't a problem that needs to be
>> solved. It is /supposed/ to be this way. It's ready to use! Please
>> make use of it; it's one of the (many) reasons I moved Bioperl over to
>> Build.PL in the first place.
>
> Then set it up the way you want.  I give up.

I really don't understand that response. I have merely informed you how
Build.PL and the actions work, since you didn't know. I have informed
you it already does what you want in terms of automation; there's
nothing to wait for, no more work to do. I have requested you use it,
since there is little value in duplicating code and effort.

Now that you have the information, you can make an informed choice as to
how to proceed, based on your needs. If you have good reasons for
sticking with your current nightly build process, by all means stick
with them.

Mainly I just wanted to make clear (as a general point for anyone
interested) that the questions asked by Build.PL aren't an issue or
obstacle in terms of automating builds or tests.