[Bioperl-l] Working with SeqWithQuality

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 19 14:51:41 UTC 2008

Hi

I have fasta files and separate quality fasta files.  I understand all
about constructing a SeqWithQuality object, that's the easy bit, but are
there no functions for actually manipulating the sequence based on the
quality values?  For example, trimming the ends where a moving window
average quality does not go above a certain value, or masking areas with
low quality?

Thanks
Mick

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have
received this message in error please delete it & notify the originator
immediately.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
forbidden & may be unlawful.
The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the views of the Institute.
This email and associated attachments has been checked locally for
viruses but we can accept no responsibility once it has left our
systems.
Communications on Institute computers are monitored to secure the
effective operation of the systems and for other lawful purposes.