[Bioperl-l] updating a reciprocal blast file

JustinV jvaughn7 at utk.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:53:54 UTC 2008

I have a large reciprocal blast file that contains 3 proteomes.  I'd like to
integrate another proteome for downstream clustering.    I imagine a
command-line script that takes as input the new proteome in fasta format,
the directory of the the old proteomes in fasta format, and the pre-existing
reciprocal blast file, and then performs the proper blasts and updates the
pre-existing reciprocal blast file accordingly.  I am using blast locally
and the downstream processing is done by OrthoMCL.  I assume this has been
handled before, but I can't track down the code.  If anyone is familiar with
a pre-exisiting script or has pertinent advice, I'd be much obliged.

Justin