[Bioperl-l] Issues on Bio::Tools::Primer3->next_primer

John M.C. Ma manchunjohn-ma at uiowa.edu
Tue Jul 29 17:22:09 UTC 2008

Hi Roy,

Maybe I wasn't clear with my script fragment, I used Bioperl to run Primer3.
The following is as much Primer3-related as I can get:

use Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3;
use Bio::Tools::Primer3;
[snips other use declarations and Ensembl scripts]
my $primer3_handle=Bio::Tools::Run::Primer3->new(-path=>'[Primer3 path]');
/*%gene_info is a hash that stores sequence information*/
$primer3_handle->add_targets('SEQUENCE'=>$gene_info{src_seq},
'PRIMER_SEQUENCE_ID'=>$gene_info{name},
'TARGET'=>$gene_info{exon_boundaries},
[snips other options] )
my $primer3_results=$primer3_handle->run();
$primer_test=$primer3_results->next_primer;

Hope this helps.

John