[Bioperl-l] Any volunteers for doing a Nested Containment List implementation?

aaron.j.mackey at gsk.com aaron.j.mackey at gsk.com
Fri Jul 25 14:59:27 UTC 2008

FYI, there's also (native) support for RTREE-based spatial indices in
MySQL 5.1 and beyond ...

  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimizing-spatial-analysis.html

I once took a day to try to implement this NCL algorithm as a MySQL UDF
(i.e. written entirely in C), but got bogged down and discouraged.  The
PostgreSQL implementation is available from the authors, if I remember
correctly.

-Aaron

http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/btl647v1?papetoc