[Bioperl-l] Smaller Bioperl Modules

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:00:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

We often just copied the Bio directory into a Perl library dir. This
worked great as we only used Perl-only modules (AlignIO, SearchIO
etc.). Persons doing short projects even copied Bioperl (w/o
installing etc) directly on their USB stick. Their scripts just worked
fine on all computers with "use lib", of course). This is not an
alternative for smaller modules clearly, but made people get into
BioPerl quick.

Regards,
Bernd