[Bioperl-l] problem - installing bioperl-ext

Leigh Bender erin_ashurei at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:39:43 UTC 2008

Hi

I faced a problem installing bioperl-ext package. (1.5.1)
I followed direction from http://bio.perl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_on_Windows under Installation using CPAN or manual installation. At the end of the step 12, it said "bioperl-ext is not installed or is installed incorrectly", "3 tests and 161 subtests skipped", and "Failed 5/268 test programs. 12/11786 subtests failed." I proceeded to step 13, installation, anyways but the ext package does not seem to work even after installation. I intended to use the module Bio::Ext::Align, Bio::AlignIO, Bio::SimpleAlign and Bio::Tools::dpAlign - however, perl keeps on telling me either that I need to install the ext package or that it cannot locate the ext modules I am trying to use, even after installation suggesting that the ext package is not installed successfully. What is the problem and how would I go about fixing it?

Thanks a bunch!

Leigh