[Bioperl-l] Automatically accepting defaults for `perl Build.PL`

Scott Cain cain.cshl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:04:19 UTC 2008

Hi Sendu,

I just hacked something up (I only needed to change a few lines--once I
figured out where everything was).  I like Chris' idea though; before I
commit it back (Ha, no rush there), I'll flesh it out a little more to
give more options.

Scott

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 22:37 +0000, Sendu Bala wrote:
> Scott Cain wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wanting to implement this myself (and probably still will,
> > assuming it's not already there...) but I am not a Module::Build guru.
> > Here's what I'd like to do: add a parameter that I can add when evoking
> > perl Build.PL so that the default answers will be used when it would
> > normally ask me a question while running perl Build.PL, something like
> > this:
> >
> >   perl Build.PL --yes
> >
> > Is this sort of thing already built into Module::Build and I can't see
> > it?  Or can somebody suggest the best way of going about this?
>
> You should ask on the Module::Build mailing list. If it already exists I
> don't think it is obvious, however.
>
> If your question is BioPerl related, and you're looking for a fast way
> of installing BioPerl without the annoying questions, I'm sure I could
> hack something into ModuleBuildBioperl.pm
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                   cain.cshl at gmail.com
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory