[Bioperl-l] Conversion of Wormbase Gene ID into Ensembl Gene ID with BioPerl

William Spooner whs at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 10 11:43:35 UTC 2008

On 10 Dec 2008, at 06:40, Gundala Viswanath wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to convert Wormbase Gene Id such as these:

WBGene00004094
WBGene00018862
WBGene00011061

> into Ensemblized ID.
>
> I can't seem to find such a method in Ensembl API.
>
> At the end of the day, I just want to extract the position
> of these genes from Ensembl database via the API.
>
> - Gundala Viswanath
> Jakarta - Indonesia

Hi Gundala,

The Ensembl C. elegans database is a mirror of wormbase's, so a good
place to look is WormMart. See, for example, this query;

http://biomart.wormbase.org/biomart/martview?VIRTUALSCHEMANAME=WS190&ATTRIBUTES=wormbase_gene.default.attributes.gene
|wormbase_gene.default.attributes.public_name|
wormbase_gene
.default
.attributes
.sequence_name
&FILTERS
=wormbase_gene.default.filters.species_selection."Caenorhabditis
elegans"|
wormbase_gene
.default.filters.gene."WBGene00004094,WBGene00018862,WBGene00011061"|
wormbase_gene
.default.filters.identity_status."Live"&VISIBLEPANEL=resultspanel
For details on how to do this programatically, see the 'Perl' button
on the mart interface.
All the best,
Will

---