[Bioperl-l] reorgansing tests by group

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 2 13:37:44 UTC 2008

Wow, I go to sleep and the tests are almost reorganized.  Thanks Heikki!

The only (very small) caveat I find to using recursive tests is any
additional non-test files we add, including data for tests in the /
data directory, must not end with *.t, otherwise the build file will
try to run it and bomb.  There was one file I changed to .tt which is
now passed over.  If needed we can move over to an autogenerated file
which explicitly lists the tests to run (this would likely be at a
later point).

On a related point, what does everyone think of moving BioPerlTest to
core so the other distributions can use it?  I think it is worth doing
eventually, but it could possibly wait until 1.6.x or 1.7.  I have
tested it out and it works but needs some dependency issues ironed out.

chris