[Bioperl-l] Reference to a staden module under Bio::SeqIO.pm

Clancy, Kevin Kevin.Clancy at invitrogen.com
Fri Aug 1 22:30:30 UTC 2008

Hi Folks
I am using the windows version of Bioperl 1.5.2_100. I recently was
compiling a tool using ActiveState's PerlApp which included Bioperl
modules. I received an error for the Bio::SeqIO module, which was
calling for the Bio::SeqIO::staden::read method(?) on line 312 - 314 of
the Bio::SeqIO.pm module. I don't appear to have a copy of the staden
module under the Bio::SeqIO directory and it doesn't appear to be
present in the current BioPerl trunk. I simply commented this out of my
SeqIO.pm file to perform my build and its all running normally. Was this
simply a reference to a non existent module or am I missing something?
Thank you for your help.
kevin

Kevin Clancy, PhD
Senior Scientist, Informatic Sciences