[Bioperl-l] Collecting genomic DNA sequences using Entrez IDs

Paul N. Hengen paulhengen at coh.org
Thu Nov 29 01:20:42 UTC 2007

Hi.

I have a number of gene IDs from Entrez and I want to find the
start and end locations in the human genome. This seemed simple
enough, so I started working through some of the examples for
using the EntrezGene module at www.bioperl.org  Of course this
did not work because the core installation does not include this
module. So, I think I have two choices (1) install the module (how?),
or (2) find an easier way to get the locations in the human genome.
I want to use the locations to grab sequences out of the genome.
Can anyone offer advice on this? Thanks.

-Paul.

--
Paul N. Hengen, Ph.D.
Hematopoietic Stem Cell and Leukemia Research
mailto:paulhengen at coh.org