[Bioperl-l] Problems installing bioperl (bioperl-live tarball from CVS)

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Sat Dec 1 04:37:50 UTC 2007

Make sure to keep this on the list.

ncbi_gi() is only in bioperl-live (CVS); my guess is you either
somehow got 1.5.2 instead or the bioperl-live version is not found in
your path.  It's very likely the latter, as perl's looking for
whatever else is present (which appears to be an older version of
bioperl). That should give you a hint that the problem may be with
your lib path.  Try changing the 'Use lib '/home/awaller/bioperl-live/
Bio'' to:

use lib '/home/awaller/bioperl-live';

chris

Christopher Fields