[Bioperl-l] How to produce Bio::Graphics images using PROSITE output ?

Shameer Khadar shameer at ncbs.res.in
Tue May 15 03:03:57 UTC 2007

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs [Help : Imagemaps using Bio::Graphics ].
I am still working on the other part of this project. Now, I am sure that
I can impliment it using Bio::Graphics. I will come back to imagemaps with
in a week or two.

Meanwhile, I need to parse a prosite output to present it as a
Bio::Graphics image. Any one had tries Bio::Graphics to create images
using prosite output ? I tried in the How-to I couldnt find anything
related to prosite.

My output looks like this :
    >Sequence : PS00001 ASN_GLYCOSYLATION N-glycosylation site.
          75 - 78  NGSM
    >Sequence : PS00005 PKC_PHOSPHO_SITE Protein kinase C phosphorylation
site.
         41 - 43  SpK
    >Sequence : PS00008 MYRISTYL N-myristoylation site.
           6 - 11  GTitNQ
    >Sequence : PS00009 AMIDATION Amidation site.
          78 - 81  mGKR

I need to impliment an image like blast-parser image.
Thanks to any inputs/pointers.

--
Shameer Khadar
Prof. R. Sowdhamini's Lab (# 25) The Computational Biology Group