[Bioperl-l] strange problem

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 29 16:26:34 UTC 2007

The issue with Build.PL may be that it is trying to update
Scalar::Util to the latest (1.19) or install it if it isn't present
but doesn't have the correct permissions.  I myself have run into
this problem; you must install the latest Scalar::Utils directly via
CPAN with the correct permissions ('sudo cpan' in my case).  I'm
guessing that using something like 'sudo perl Build.PL' should work
as well.

I'm adding Sendu to this so he can answer.  Sendu, I know it's now
required for Bio::Species/Bio::Taxon stuff to weaken refs but was
there any reason why Scalar::Util needs to be v1.19?  I can't recall
anything about it in past discussions...

chris