[Bioperl-l] frac_aligned_query returning results >1.

Steve Chervitz sac at bioperl.org
Fri Mar 2 23:00:28 UTC 2007

Glad you fixed the problem, Sendu.

I thought this might have been due to a problem in HSPI::matches() since it
was reporting (1507,1507) as an invalid range within (1444,1507), when it
should be valid (the last position). So it looked like an edge condition
bug, but I didn't confirm. So there still could be a lingering problem in
the matches() function, or in the way the matches string is parsed from the
report.

Speaking of which, HSPI::matches() is quite BLAST-specific. It's even format
specific, since it won't work if you are parsing in tabular blast reports as
they lack any string of match symbols. I thought about moving the matches
implementation in HSPI into BlastHSP.pm, but that module appears to not be
used anymore. Not sure the way to go here.

Steve