[Bioperl-l] Issues with new Bio::Tools::Run modules for Genemark and Glimmer

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 1 23:08:46 UTC 2007

I have been working on an Infernal wrapper (not finished yet but
getting there) which does this:

# when run() is called, cmsearch is the program run...
my $factory = Bio::Tools::Run::Infernal->new('-program' =>'cmsearch',
                                               @params);

in Infernal.pm:

# for each program...
my %INFERNAL_PROGRAM = (
     cmsearch => [qw(h W informat toponly local noalign dumptrees
thresh X inside
                 null2 learninserts hmmfb hmmweinberg hmmpad hmmonly
hthresh beta noqdb
                 qdbfile hbanded hbandp banddump sums scan2bands)],
     );

then set in new() based on only the parameters listed for the
program; I'm still toying with whether the program needs to be
specified in the constructor prior to a run.  There are prob. other
variations on this using AUTOLOAD and _set_from_args() etc.

chris