[Bioperl-l] ssh keys [was Re: First cut svn repository]

George Hartzell hartzell at alerce.com
Fri Jun 29 19:19:31 UTC 2007

Chris Fields writes:

 > On Jun 29, 2007, at 7:28 AM, David Messina wrote:
 >

 > >> BTW, I haven't been able to check out the new svn repository via
 > >> svn+ssh:// because I can't get svn to authenticate with an
 > >> alternative
 > >> username.
 > >
 > > I have the same issue. I set up a stanza in my ~/.ssh/config:
 > >
 > > Host dev.open-bio.org
 > >    User dave_messina
 > >
 > > where dave_messina is my dev.open-bio.org username.
 >
 > I changed to the macports ssh w/o luck.  It appears the key is
 > offered up, so maybe the problem is how I have everything set up on
 > dev (though I followed everything on the wiki):

A couple of things to check.

  - make sure that you put your public key in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys2
    (not authorized_keys)

  - make sure that authorized_keys2 is chmod'ed 600 (644 might be
    enough...).

  - make sure that ~/.ssh is chmoded 700.

  - make sure that your home directory is 755.

Then see if it works.  You might be able to relax some of those
protections a bit, but ssh's uptight about letting other people mess
with that data.

g.