[Bioperl-l] SVN and ...Re: Perltidy

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Jun 18 13:26:36 UTC 2007

Chris Fields wrote:
> If so it may be better to allow https, though I don't know how Chris
> D. and others feel about it.

If it makes no difference to me as an end-user, I won't mind. But I
won't want to enter my password even once, at the beginning of a
session. If that's not possible with https, then ssh should be an option
as well.

Unrelated, but it randomly just occurred to me: what happens to all the
id lines at the top of modules? Eg:

$Id: bl2seq.pm,v 1.28 2007/06/14 14:16:10 sendu Exp $

That's a cvs-specific thing, right? Do we delete them all? (Regardless,
I wish we would, since they caused me no end of hassles during the 1.5.2
release, doing updates across branches.)

> Did we make a decision as to the fate of cvs if we get svn up-and-
> running?  Keep it around (assuming svn commits would be carried over
> to cvs and vice versa)?  Or see what happens over time?

Well, I don't think hard decisions are possible until we know how its
going to work in practice. I tried setting up my own svn repository
once, but didn't keep it and can't remember much about it.

So, I suppose we'll play it by ear and decide things later. Is someone
out there actively doing something leading toward a demonstration of how
it will be?