[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::Exon throws exception when encountering split location (Bio::Location::Split)

Mark Johnson johnsonm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:59:54 UTC 2007

    That's a good point.  Both Bio::Tools::Glimmer and
Bio::Tools::Genemark produce Bio::SeqFeature::Gene objects, each with
a single Bio::SeqFeature::Gene::Exon, when parsing predictions for
prokaryotic sequence (multiple exons for eukaryotic).  There are
eukaryotic and prokaryotic versions of both predictor families.  Maybe
the most elegant solution would be to simply modify both modules to
only emit Bio::SeqFeature::Generic features when operating on
prokaryotic mode output?  Fix the data model and the problem goes
away.  8)