[Bioperl-l] tree comparisons with bioperl

Asher Cutter acutter at eeb.utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 20 02:25:08 UTC 2007

I was reading over the functions for working with trees in bioperl. I am
looking for something that will compare two topologies and report back
if they are equivalent. i.e. something like:

does ((a,(b,c)) == ((A,B),C) ? (in this case, no)

But of course in reality they would be more complicated topologies. This
would be useful for simulating random trees to compare with some given
topology of interest.

I saw the methods for testing for monophyly and paraphyly, but not much
beyond that...perhaps I have missed something?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Asher

--