[Bioperl-l] Problem with GD.pm version 2.35

Lincoln Stein lstein at cshl.edu
Tue Jul 3 14:41:26 UTC 2007

This happens when there is a mismatch between the compiled (.so) portion of
GD and the perl (.pm) version. Typically it occurs when you have installed
GD incorrectly by, e.g., copying the .pm file into position rather than
using the make file.

Solution: Uninstall old versions of GD by manually finding all occurrences
of GD.so and GD.pm and removing them. Then reinstall the correct way.

Lincoln

On 7/3/07, Edward Wijaya <ewijaya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I was trying to perform check with this command:
>
> $ perl -MGD -e 'print $GD::VERSION';
>
> And it gave:
>
> GD object version 2.32 does not match $GD::VERSION 2.35 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 253.
> Compilation failed in require.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
>
> Similarly my script that uses GD.pm doesn't execute.
>

> I have installed the latest version of libgd version 2.0.35 downloaded
> from
> http://www.libgd.org/Downloads#Download_the_latest_.282.0.35.29
>
> Can anybody suggest how can I resolve my problem?
>
> This is my Perl version:
> This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
>
> --
> Edward

Lincoln D. Stein
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory