[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store delete() not working

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Wed Jan 31 11:10:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use Bio::DB::SeqFeature::Store delete() on a list of
Bio::SeqFeature::Annotated retrieved from the database. It doesn't work.
I presume I'm falling foul of the issue pointed out in the docs:

"WARNING: The current DBI::mysql implementation has some issues that
need to be resolved, namely (1) normalized subfeatures are NOT
recursively deleted; and (2) the deletions are not performed in a
transaction."

Is there a trick to avoid the problem? Or, how might someone go about
improving the implementation so that it worked?

Cheers,
Sendu.