[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tree development

Lucia Peixoto luciap at sas.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 19 20:53:11 UTC 2007

Hi

One of the functions missing from TreeIO that will be good to implement is a
collpase bootstrap function, meaning to collapse all nodes bellow a certain
bootstrap value

I do have a bit of code to do this, however it cannot be generalized until the
bootstrap value is consistently captured by the same function, so far, for the
trees I have at least, the internal ID is the bootstrap value, but that may not
be true for all trees.Or it can be written asuming that you already set the
boostrap to the right value.

The function bootstrap in Bio::Tree::NodeI never gets the bootstrap right in any
tree I've used (always newick format I am talking)

just an idea,

Lucia