[Bioperl-l] Assignment problem :(

Florin Iucha florin at iucha.net
Wed Jan 3 15:57:20 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 06:42:59AM -0800, Kurt Gobain wrote:

> Hi guys...I ve got this assignment to submit ...I m not asking n e 1 to do it
> for me...But if n e can gimme n e direction will be really glad,,,There are
> four .embl files which I have attached...We need to do the following things
> 1) Read 3 arguments from the user at command line.
> 2) Read in the set of files in a directory.
> 3)for each sequence reformat the sequence in to fasta format.
> 4)for each sequence in fasta format search for close homologues using the
> local copy of BLAST.
> 5) for each sequence print the swissprot name and code of its close
> homologues to an HTML formatted file that can be viewed in a web browser.Is
> it possible to extract the evalues for each hit & record them in the HTML
> file?
>
> I  m done with first two But havin problem in 3,4 & 5...I ve jus got basic
> knowledge of PERL... I ve been  really tryin hard to get solution...But not
> able to solve them...Plzz..If n e 1 can help me in giving direction will be
> really great full...

"Kurt",

Please read this first: http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You are more likely to get help if you show what you've done and
where you got stuck.  Randomly asking people to do parts of your
homework won't get you anywhere.

A good example is:

   I have read chapter 7 of the documentation at http://whatever and
   modified example 3 in this way

      $baz{"embl"} = 9;
      $foo->bar(15, \%baz);

   to convert embl to fasta and I get this error

      "unable to divide by 0" at line 32.

If you don't put any work in researching and asking the question,
don't expect anybody else to put any work in doing it for you.

Good luck,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163