[Bioperl-l] Perl script to extract from ncbi

Cui, Wenwu (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] cuiw at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Feb 9 14:20:10 UTC 2007

This is an example for fetching two GenBank records
(id=124504630,110665734) in XML format. Organism names like
'<GBSeq_organism>Rattus norvegicus</GBSeq_organism>' can be parsed from
the XML.

http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=nucleotide&i
d=124504630,110665734&retmode=xml&rettype=gb

Or you can get TaxIds and translate them into real names:

http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/esummary.fcgi?db=nucleotide
&id=124504630,110665734&retmode=xml

Wenwu Cui, PhD